So I realized that I hadn’t done my recipe of the week – here it is – tilapia, Melissa style.
- 2 tilapia filets
- two red bell peppers
- one small can of crushed pineapple
- apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
- 1 jalapeno pepper – fresh
- cayenne pepper – dried
- cooking oil
- paprika – dried
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of water
- Put the two cups of water and the rice into a pot – cook.
- Set oven at 375 degrees
- Rub oil onto both sides of the tilapia
- sprinkle the spices onto the tilapia, to taste. Obviously, the more paprika and cayenne pepper you put on it the spicier it will be.
- Put the tilapia on a pan and begin to cook, stove top.
- For the sauce, combine the crushed pineapple (juice and all), cut up bell pepper, cut up jalapeno pepper (no seeds please!) and the cider into a bowl. Stir it up well.
- When the tilapia appears to be cook through on the stove-top, put in the oven for 5 minutes at 375.
- Serve the tilapia over rice with the sauce over it.
The whole thing, I kid you not, takes about thirty minutes total. It’s a really yummy, fresh and healthy, quick meal. It tastes really wonderful with your favorite white wine.