The podcast has a voicemail line now! The number is 206-984-1444. Please call with comments!
All music from this podcast was gotten from the podsafe Music Network.
Intro song – Where I Wanna Go by Wanderlust
- The CDC has decided to study a link between autism and vaccines.
- A wearable ultrasound?! Really?!
- Suburban parents want charter schools also.
- Are leashes for children?
- Mom arrested for encouraging yard fight. Video:
- Mom opts her child out of standardized testing.
- Supreme Court hears case on deadbeat dads.
- In Hartford, parents don’t always pick the best schools.
- When do you turn your child in for bullying? Video referenced:
- American Academy of Pediatrics has changed the guidelines for carseats.
Song interlude – Lovely by Paulina Logan. More music by Paulina can be found at http://www.paulinalogan.com.
Tiger Mom Notes:
- My review of Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mom.
- Wikipedia Entry for Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mom.
- WSJ excerpt
- Amy Chua’s page at Yale Law
- The Official site for the book
- NPR story on Tiger Moms
- You Go On by Danny Django. More music can be found by him at http://dannydjango.com
- All Torn Down by Bryan Masters. More music can be found at http://www.bryanmasters.com
- A Few Dollars More by Chad Kichula. More can be found at http://www.chadkichula.com
Please leave Voicemail comments at 206-984-1444