I honestly don’t think that I actually accomplished anything that I wanted to this past year, with the exception of maybe doing a little bit more writing, journaling and a tad bit more reading then I did last year. As some of you know, you can keep track of the books that I read by following my review blog. I unfortunately only read 57 books this year. 😦 I attribute that to having two children under the age of 5 that are pretty needy, a full time job outside of the home and just life in general. But hopefully next year will be better!
My resolutions are numerous. Some are more realistic and reasonable then others possibly, but whatever, it can’t hurt to be a little bit idealistic. So here are my resolutions for the upcoming year:
- Do yoga at least twice a week. I went to a yoga class today after doing 30 minutes of cardio and I couldn’t believe how much better I felt and how much better I was breathing after doing the class. So, for me, it will mean either doing a DVD or a live class.
- Cook one new thing a week – either a quick dinner or a whole big thing on a weekend.
- Go vegetarian – yes, I am going to attempt to be a vegetarian myself (although not for my family – they are completely meat eaters).
- Hit up the gym 3 times a week.
- Read 75-100 books. As usual, I am looking for recommendations. I will try anything. I’m currently in the middle of the George RR Martin series, but am up for anything. Right now, my interests are tending to psychology/women’s studies/social commentary and fiction, but I will try anything.
- Listen to more independent music and less pop music. Pop music is so empty and devoid of substance for the most part. Now don’t get me wrong, there is a time and a place for pop music, just like there is a time and a place for country music (and we all know how much I LOVE my country music – Brad, Kenny, Keith, Miranda, Carrie, Blake, Zac Brown, Sugarland), but I want to listen to more “independent” music. I think that this means that I will be listening to more of this radio station, which is ok with me, but I would appreciate any other ideas as to who I should listen to. It also means that I would love to hear about local bands. I already listen to a fair amount of Guster and Dispatch (from Beantown) and Lunatic Fringe, but I am always up for other recommendations. I also listen to a lot of Ani DiFranco and Indigo Girls…
- Find a babysitter and go out with my husband at least once a month for adult time.
- Related to number 6, go to at least one concert. The smaller the venue, the better. But whatever, I’m not picky.
What are YOUR resolutions? Can you make recommendations as to books that I should read or music I should listen to or concerts that I should attend? Do you have any good vegetarian recipes that I can try? How about your favorite websites for yoga classes?
I wish that everyone has a wonderful New Year’s Eve that is safe and fun and a wonderfully prosperous and healthy year.