Mid October schedule

It is flying by. Before you know it, there will be snow on the ground. Things are exhaustingly busy here and I’m working on many, many things.  I find that life is a constant work in progress and instead of looking many months into the future, I try to take it one day at a time.  

My days during the week follow the same general schedule.  My alarm goes off at 5 A.M. and normally I can get up pretty quickly.  However, as the fall moves forward, the days are getting so much shorter. When my alarm goes off now, it’s still pitch black. I can watch the sun rise if I so desire.  I have a cup of coffee and read the news. Then I check my email – the excuse that I make for myself for checking the news and the email essentially first thing in the morning is that I need to know if anything has come up that is emergent – for my job. Then I shower, get dressed and throw some stuff in the crockpot if I’m using that to make dinner for the night.  I also make my lunch if I’m bringing a sandwich or salad – who likes the soggy bread or lettuce that comes with making those things the night before? Then I get the kids their clothing for the day and, if Gabby is awake, I will actually get her dressed and set up with breakfast before I leave – at that point Izzy is awake and either showering or getting out of the shower.

I get to work at around seven thirty and begin reviewing new cases for the day.  I am normally in court by 8 and back in the station by 1 or2. I leave work at around 3:30 or 4, after which I do some exercise – a walk/hike or a bike ride at the gym. Then I pick the kids up and am home with them about 5 or 5:30. I then make sure dinner’s finalized (or made depending on what I’m making). Izzy gets home at around 6 or 6:30. Then we eat and I help Nate with homework if he has any. Then I give the kids baths and we get them ready for bed – they are in bed by 8 or 8:30 the latest.  I give myself around an hour to decompress and then am usually passed out sleeping by 10 or 10:30.  I’m so wiped out.

Weekends lately have also been tremendously busy.  I get to sleep in a little – until seven (I know – how crazy). I have coffee and catch up on some blogs and TV shows (hello Orange is the New Black and Walking Dead) that I haven’t been able to watch during the week.  I get the kids breakfast and then ready for the day.  I take Gabby with me food shopping. Then we have lunch and I take Nate to soccer. By the time soccer is done, it is three in the afternoon so I bring the kids home and we have dinner.

Last week, we did a few things that were not the norm.  Izzy and I got to go out to a friend’s birthday dinner at Empire. Not only did we get to go out but we got to go to Boston and the restaurant was phenomenal (I’m going to write a review shortly).  So we were out late that night and then the next day, we went to Manchester to see a community theater production of Annie, which was really good. I was never into doing things like that when I was in high school – then again, Iw as playing sports and soccer all the time. On another note, and a more stressful one, the water heater broke. So on top of all of our other obligations and schedule snafus, we had to deal with that.  The kids generally had a pretty good time though.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s